Client care is at the core of our business. We are committed to deliver a reliable and cost-effective legal service. We can only fulfill our commitment if we treat our clients fairly, listen to their needs and understand what is important to them.
Our Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) policy is in place to ensure we are consistently fair in our approach when dealing with clients. We want to provide an enhanced service based on a culture of openness and transparency.
We want our clients:
- To be confident they are dealing with a firm where treating client’s fairly is embedded in their culture
- To see the services we market and sell meet their individual needs and are targeted accordingly
- To know where advice has been provided, their individual circumstances have been taken into account
- To have clear information and be kept suitably informed, during and after the service has been provided
- To feel the service they have received is of an acceptable standard
- Not to face unreasonable barriers should they feel they wish to make a complaint
Protecting your Interests
To provide the best client care service we can, we will do our very best to firstly understand your needs. Our services can then be tailored to make sure your requirements are met.
We recognise you may:
- Not be used to dealing with law firms
- Not be in a position to make an informed decision
- Need additional support
In all cases we will consider how we can respond to any potential vulnerability and protect your interests by, amongst other things:
- Offering home visits if you are elderly, immobile or infirm
- Offering the assistance of a translator if English is not your first language
- Allowing more time for appointments
- Relaying Information via email to enable you to use “spoken text” software on your personal computers
We will aim at all times to:
- Only accept instructions if we feel we can provide a competent service to you.
- Act in accordance with the Solicitors Code of Conduct 2011 and other regulatory requirements
- Represent your best interests at all times
- Give clear and concise legal advice you will understand, including the risk of success or loss and the costs involved of what you are undertaking.
- Give clear information about our costs and only charge for what has been agreed in writing.
- Keep you informed you of the progress of your matter and any important dates that you need to remember
- Provide a prompt response to all telephone calls, e-mails and correspondence;
- Deal with any questions or queries promptly
- Keep your business confidential
- Ensure that our staff are trained in all aspects of client care
Client Care Letter
Once we take on your case we will issue a Client Care Letter, which explains in detail the level of service you will receive, name the person responsible for your case, their position in the firm, their qualifications and if appropriate, the name of the supervisor responsible for overseeing and monitoring your case.
We are required to comply with Money Laundering Regulations by carrying out identity checks on new clients. Please do not be offended when we ask you to produce proof of your identity. We are also required to enquire into the source of your funds provided when purchasing a property.
We recognise the importance of client satisfaction. When something goes wrong or a problem arises we need you to tell us about it. This gives us the opportunity to address the issue and to try to satisfy your concerns. We actively encourage and value feedback from our clients as it gives us the opportunity to check and improve our standards. We investigate complaints objectively and try and produce a quick and positive solution.
We are confident of providing a high-quality service in all respects. If, however, you have any queries or concerns about our work for you, please raise them in the first instance with the person responsible for your case. If it does not resolve the problem to your satisfaction, then you can raise the matter, in writing, with Mr Hassan Shah, who is responsible for complaints handling.
As the firm’s Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP) Hassan Shah has the overall responsibility for this policy.